Good music for a good cause. It was the goal and now the end result of Neighbor To Neighbor: Family Music For Sandy Relief a new music compilation from some of the best that the kindie music scene has to offer. It’s now available for pre-order and will be released in the next day or so. Assuming the world doesn’t end tomorrow.
Here are the exact details about the project – A compilation of children’s music to benefit victims of Hurricane Sandy. All net proceeds will go directly to neighborhood organizations that have been engaged in ongoing relief & recovery work in the Rockaways and on Long Island, via the Neighbor to Neighbor Fund, administered by The MARK Project, an Arkville, NY-based 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization.
If you’re curious about how the idea was started, read the details here.
You can pre-order the album and preview two tracks straight from the bandcamp site.
Here is a track list for the album:
1. New Is The New Old – Gustafer Yellowgold
2. Smiling – Grenadilla
3. The Night The Lights Went Out – Uncle Rock
4. Green Grass of Summer – Dog on Fleas
5. Row de Boat – Kim & Reggie Harris
6. Squeezebox Bus – Story Laurie & Ira McIntosh
7. Solartopia – Pete Seeger, Dar Williams, David Bernz & The Rivertown Kids
8. It’s So Good – Key Wilde & Mr Clarke
9. Cuida el Agua – Dan Zanes
10. Bull Frog – Professor Louie & The Crowmatix
11. Pretend Your Hand’s A Puppet – Ratboy Jr.
12. It Really Isn’t Garbage – Danny Einbender
13. I Will Be Your Friend – Guy Davis
14. This Little Light of Mine – The Saints of Swing
15. Under One Sky – Magpie
16. Sing Me the Story of Your Day – Tom Chapin
It’s the season of giving, so please consider helping those families who were impacted by Sandy.